About Us

Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL) started as a small private plantation established by R. T. Briscoe in 1957 at Dixcove with a plantation size of 923 hectares. The plantation was nationalized into Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) in 1960 and later, State Farms Corporation in 1962. At that time, the rubber plantation had expanded to Abura and Subri.
The Ghana Government, in 1967, established a joint venture company with Firestone Tyre Company of USA to take over the rubber plantation. This joint venture company was Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL).
GREL became wholly state-owned in 1980 when Firestone sold its shares in GREL to the Ghana Government. However, the Ghana Government entered into a financing agreement with the then Caisse Française de Development (CFD) now Agence Française de Development to rehabilitate and manage the company’s rubber plantation and to build a new rubber processing plant at Apimenim. After the rehabilitation in 1996, the French management company, Societe Internationale d Plantation d’ Hevea (SIPH) became the major shareholder of the company.

GHANA RUBBER ESTATES LTD.

Latex and so much more…

EnglishFrench