The NUCLEUS of Ghana Rubber Estate Limited, the backbone of the Company, is the custodian of all the plantations, lands, and other properties of the company.
The Nucleus employs the greatest number of the workforce of Ghana Rubber Estate Limited.
The nucleus encompasses sub-departments such as the Nursery, Development, Department of Techniques and Control (DTC), Survey, Garage, and Transport, etc.
It oversees the nursery thus planting, Tapping (Harvesting), and Transportation of Latex to the Factories.
As of December 2019, GREL, a natural rubber producing company has a concession size of 21,747 hectares (ha) of which 16,017ha is State Land and the remaining portion of 5,730ha being Stool/Family Lands. The distribution of the concession per Region is as follows:
- Western Region = 19,849ha (State Land- 16,017ha & Stool/Family Land – 4,123ha).
- Central Region = 809ha (Stool/Family Lands)
- Eastern Region = 800ha (Stool Lands)
- Mature or area under production = 11,830ha
- Immature (trees less than 6 years and not in production) =4,015ha
- Nursery = 124ha
- Area under conservation / biodiversity = 1,569ha
The graph below gives a picture view of the produce of the Nucleus so far
Nucleus raw material produced from 2015 to 2020
GHANA RUBBER ESTATES LTD.
Latex and so much more…